Re: statist - terminal based statistics

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 04:19:07PM -0200, Jakson A. Aquino wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> >I see.  You'll want to read the New Maint Guide at
> >http://www.debian.org/devel/
>
> I'm following the instructions from maint-guide,
> but when I do the command:
>
>   dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -d
>
> The result is:
>
>   dpkg-gencontrol: error: control file must have at least one binary package part
It has to have at least 2 stanzas; the first is for the "source"
package, and the rest are for "binary" packages created by that source
package.  Maybe check other people's control files for examples.

> > > 5) Run the script "create_deb_rpm.sh".
> >This is probably largely unnecessary, but some parts might
> >also go into ./debian/rules.
>
> I'll delete "create_deb_rpm.sh", and I can even put the
> Debian directory in the statist cvs tree.
Okay; that is typically discouraged, since they are considered (by the
Debian folk) to be 2 separate projects (write a piece of software vs
package that software).  But, I'm doing the same thing for some code I
wrote to minimize overhead; to each his own.

--
Clear skies,
Justin