pre-sponsored-package checklist (was: Re: RFS: FileZilla3 - GUI ftp client of wxwidgets2.6)

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 06:05:47PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:

<snip>

> Hmmmm, I wonder where this should be spelled out so people get it right:
>
>      1. Get interested in a package
>      2. Find it is not in debian
>      3. Check if it can be packaged and if it is already being packaged
>      4. Decide if you want to package and maintain it
>      5. File an ITP (intent to package) bug to *prevent duplication* of
>         work
>      6. Either upload it, or register your need for a sponsor on s.d.n
>      7. Search for a sponsor on debian-mentors and other fora

On http://www.debian.org/ there is a link called "Help Debian", to
http://www.debian.org/devel/join/ ("How You Can Help".

Perhaps that page should incorporate your (very nice!) checklist.
And/or maybe it should link to
http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html .

Bye,

Joost