Re: RFS: Kat -- Desktop Search Enviroment for KDE

Hello,

Christoph Haas wrote:
>>  Uhm. Can you explain what's going on with the ITP?
>>
>>    2005-05-14: #309068 - ITP: kat, by Jean-Remy Falleri
>>    2005-09-16: #328610 - RFP: kat, by Nicolas DEGAND
>>    2005-09-22: you retitle #328610 to ITP
>>    2005-09-22, one hour later: you merge #328610 with #309068, without
>>    mention whether you've contacted Jean-Remy or not.
Sorry guys I have not really checked bts and ask Jean about this state
for packaging.

> Jonas' package looks reasonable to me. Some minor things I'm not
> instantly happy about:
>
> - Of course the ITP/merge/RFP/RFS issue should be clarified.
If Jean would like to packages this appliaction. He should do it
because he was first.
> - The kat/doc/Makefile should probably be cleaned away. It's contained
>   in the .diff.gz
> - The description of "libkat0" in the debian/rules reads
>   "This package contains the katlibraries."
>   I'd like to rephrase it like "This package contains the library
>   that are used by the kat desktop search environment."
> - The copyright doesn't include the year of copyright. It also
>   lacks the "e" of "file" at the end.
> - The README and TODO files don't look very helpful to the end-user.
> - The README.Debian doesn't contain anything that isn't found in
>   the other files anyway.
But I have also fixed this erros that Christoph has reported.

You can find this under [1]

Greets,
Jonas
[1] http://jonas.capi2name.de/kat/