Re: problem with pbuilder

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 10:43:57AM +0200, Benoit Mortier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i was trying for days now to create a pbuilder chroot for sid to build
> my packages, but i got each time the same error
>
> E: Couldn't download slang1a-utf8 pbuilder: debootstrap failed ->
> Aborting with an error -> cleaning the build env -> removing directory
> /home/benoit/pbuilder-sid/build//14532 and its subdirectories
>
> How can i avoid that ?
>
> I have a perfectly running sarge chroot byt the way.

If you are not running testing but in stable, you need to backport
pbuilder and cdebootstrap and also unset DEBOOTSTRAPOPTS if your old
local pbuilder set DEBOOTSTRAPOPTS.

I just did it.  You may just be able to use unstable pbuilder package in
stable. I think cdebootstrap needs recompile.  I rebuilt both packages.

Osamu