Re: packages size versus files under dpkg control

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 10:18:56AM +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:
> sarge or sid? THe problem now is that according to my mentor all the
> packages have to be build on sid. But since there are only a view bin
> packages I will make sarge and sid versions. Will see.

I am using sid.  As sarge is already released, texlive can only
make it into etch, and the way to etch is via sid :-)

Making texlive support sarge will be difficult, as a lot of
additional packages explicitly depend on tetex.  For sid, we
can fix this, but not for sarge.  If you really want to support
sarge, maybe use backports.org, but supporting sid will be hard
enough :-(

> Well, half the size, around 30M. So in total 90M. But on a normal system
> this should not be a problem, you're right. (And no, I wont add a
> debconf question: Do you want to keep the blalba file?)

No, for texlive you need a huge HD anyway.

Cheers,
--
W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~debacle/