Re: RFS: update of squashfs-tools package

Le Wed, 7 Sep 2005 14:24:02 +0200, Bas Wijnen <shevek@fmf.nl> a écrit :

> On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 01:52:38PM +0200, Fr?d?ric BOITEUX wrote:
> >  I've now a new version, 2.2-0.1, ready to be uploaded, but the official maintainer which
> > has orphaned the package don't have any time to do it.
>
> According to the bts, there's only a RFH, not an O.  Did he forget to do this?

I don't know if he has really orphaned it, but in the fact, he don't have time
to maintain it and didn't found another DD to help him, only some outside Debian's
interested people like me...

> > - How can I do to avoid removing package from archive ?
>
> Normally, retitling the RFA or O bug into ITA should help.  However, there is
> no such bug, as there is only a RFH.  If he really meant to orphan the
Eh, excuse-me, but I don't already know meaning of all these acronyms :-( ...

> package, you can retitle it to ITA (but discuss this with him before doing
> it).
I'll try to recontact him to clarify his position...

> Also write a comment in the bug report about the situation, explicitly saying
> it shouldn't be removed, because you want to adopt it.
I already added a comment asking for the bug reporter to check if it's already present
in the Sid (now Sarge) version, but I didn't had any answer since some months...

	Thanks for your hints,

		Fred.