Re: howto deal with upstream authors not responding?

Bas Wijnen <shevek@fmf.nl> writes:
> On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 01:41:58PM +0200, Bastian Venthur wrote:
>> The problem is:
>> On kde-look[1], everaldo put his icons under LGPL, but he did not put a copy
>> of this license in his tarball.
> While a copy of the license gives more legal certainty, I don't think it is
> required.

It isn't required, but a statement about the license status needs to be
somewhere in the distributed tarball. If possible, every source file
should carry a header that explains under which terms you can use it.
Please read the GPL / LGPL files in /usr/share/common-licenses/, they
explain how to put your own software under a license.

In this case, I'd simply bug the upstream author until he properly
licenses his works.

Marc
--
Fachbegriffe der Informatik - Einfach erklärt (196: Opt-In)
       Dies ist ein Opt-In Brandmal. Wenn sie keine weiteren Brandmale mehr