Re: RFS: kde-icons-nuvola -- popular icon theme for kde

Christoph Haas wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 11:41:00PM +0200, Bastian Venthur wrote:
>> Cool, thanks! I've corrected all issues but one: I've left the word
>> "library" in the copyright as it is, since this snippet is a verbatim
>> copy of license.txt included in the upstream tarball.
>>
>> I think it's better to leave this as it is in favour of the intended
>> upstream license than correct it for logic/semantic reasons. Do you
>> agree?
>
> Agreed.
>
>> PS: the updated package (I've not altered the debian version) can be
>> found at http://venthur.de/debian/nuvola/
>
> Please check your packages with linda and lintian, too. lintian found
> this error here:
>
> $ lintian -i kde-icons-nuvola_1.0-1_i386.changes
> E: kde-icons-nuvola: old-fsf-address-in-copyright-file
> N:
> N:   The /usr/share/doc/<pkg>/copyright file refers to the old postal
> N:   address of the Free Software Foundation (FSF). The new address is:
> N:
> N:     Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor,
> Boston,
> N:     MA 02110-1301, USA.
> N:
>
> You may want to fix it and inform the upstream about it.

This is really strange. Off course I'm checking all my packages to make them
l/l-clean but please take a look at my output:

~/debian/nuvola$ linda *changes
~/debian/nuvola$ lintian *changes
~/debian/nuvola$ lintian -i *changes
~/debian/nuvola$

I'm currently running a deb/sid last updated a few days ago.

With the same argument like above ("library") I'd try to avoid to change the
license from the upstream version even if it's just for an adress-change.
It is a verbatim copy of the upstream license.txt and I'd rather try to
convince upstream to change it.

IANAL but I think if upstream provides explicitly a license by putting it
into the tarball, I cannot change it since it is somehow part of the
contract between upstream and the rest of the world -- isn't it?

Don't think I am lazy or something, I just have a bad feeling touching the
license of upstream in any way.

> Everything else looks fine to me. I like the icons, too. :)

I hope kdelibs4 is ready now, since my kde-style-lipstik wants to be build
cleanly via pbuilder for a few weeks ;)

Kind regards

Bastian