RFH/RFS: lmms: Linux Multimedia Studio - linking against two versions of libstdc++

Hello,

I'm preparing a package of lmms, the Linux Multimedia Studio.

ITP: #315976
Source at: http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~rafl/Code/Debian/LMMS/

I'm trying to build the package in a newly created pbuilder environment.
This works for me, but for some people on #debian-mentors, the resulting
binary, /usr/bin/lmms, seems to get linked against both libstdc++5 and 6
even if all c++ libraries it depends on already have done their c++ ABI
transition (at least it seems so to me).

Can you reproduce this? What are possible reasons for it? How to avoid
it?

If you like lmms: I'm still searching for a sponsor.

Regards,
Flo

--
BOFH excuse #2: