Re: RFS: gromacs - molecular dynamics simulator

On 17-May-2005, Adrian Mastronardi wrote:
> Package: gromacs
> License: GPL

The synopsis (first line of the Description field) should be a
noun-phrase, and should not repeat the package name. When writing it,
you should imagine your synopsis being automatically put inside a
sentence:

    <package-name> is <summary-line>.

Thus, this is bad:

    Package: foo
     bla bla bla

because it results in "foo is FOO - Frobulating Schvitzer.."

This is better:

    Package: foo
     bla bla bla

because it results in "foo is a frobulating schvitzer."

    <URL:http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-best-pkging-practices.en.html#s-bpp-desc-basics>

--
 \        "Why, I'd horse-whip you if I had a horse."  -- Groucho Marx |
Ben Finney <ben@benfinney.id.au>