[OT] Re: Debian "employee"

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 09:48 +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> On 10-May-2005, Matthijs Mohlmann wrote:
> > It's all volunteer work... :)
>
> Though, thankfully, many Debian developers are paid directly to work
> on Debian. Canonical Software, Progeny, and Hewlett-Packard are some
> of the high-profile employers doing so.
 ... and they need very experienced DDs. Also, Canonical was not the
'let see who would like to get hired', but 'we want these ppl from
Debian, based on our previous work'. I do not continue, but I mean
that one have to be a volunteer DD for a while, doing serious things,
get knowledge, etc.; this will take (say years) to acomplish. I do not
know if he has all the time for it, or how fast he would like to get
paid for his work. Anyway, let's do it! Learn, be a DD, work and
see what happens. For example I am also paid a bit for my Linux
knowledge, but it started way before I became a DD (my primary
workplace is about industrial process controlling[1], not related
to Linux - but if anyony know any industrial system[2] running
under Linux, let me know, private please).

Regards,
Laszlo/GCS
[1] http://www.borsodchem.hu/english/
[2] http://www.yokogawa.com/dcs/products/cs/overview/dcs-cs-0101en.htm
--
BorsodChem Joint-Stock Company   www.debian.org     Linux Support Center
Software engineer                Debian Developer   Developer