Re: Becoming the upstream maintainer of a package

Hi,

Am Fr, den 23.04.2004 schrieb Chris Anderson um 5:32:
> My assumption
> is that I should note the change in the changelog and upgrade the
> version from 2.0-9 to 2.01.

Don't do that. 2.01 is a version number for a debian native package,
that is a package that is only useful on debian. From the name, I guess
that xtrlock is useful on other systems too. Instead, you should package
xtrlock in a distribution-independant .tar.gz file with a version of 2.1
or 2.01 and ideally distribute it using the way that xtrlock was
distributed (sf.net or something). Then you create a debian package from
this orig.tar.gz file exactly the same way as if it was not created by
you.

nomeata
--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner