Re: Need Sponsor

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Matthew Palmer wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 05:22:26PM +0530, Amit Dixit wrote:
> >    Myself Amit Dixit Working as System Engg. at Hughes Softwares Ltd.
> >
> >    I want to join the Debian as Maintainer.
> >
> >    I need Sponsor for joing the Debian Developer's.
> >

> Basically, it's unlikely that you'll get too many explicit requests from
> people saying "here's something to do",

Here's something to do. :-)

ITRANS is a program that takes an english transliteration (for example my
name would be jaladhara harShada vyAsa) and converts into a number of
Indian languages.  Output can be HTML (UTF-8), LaTeX or Postscript.  I
have a package ready that works for UTF-8 and LaTex but perhaps not
postscript properly.  I need someone to take this package, fix up any
remaining problems/policy violations and maintain it.  Naturally that
person has to understand TeX postscript and how they work in Debian.  I
can only be of limited help in that regard but I will gladly sponsor any
volunteer.

Bug #272173 is a request for packaging a Sanskrit macro package for LaTeX.
Once again, I have a more or less complete package which just needs
someone to take it over.

If you are interested in either of these let me know.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>