Re: debmake or dh-make, what should I use?

On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 06:12:07PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
>On Sat, 16 Oct 2004, Magnus Therning wrote:
>
>> Is one deprecated in favour of the other, or is it simply another place
>> where Debian offers more options than any other distribution?
>
>Yes, you can consider debmake deprecated.
>
>I have the intention to kill debmake some day. Until then, I'll
>appreciate that people stop using it to create new packages.

Ah, cool. I am not sure why, but for some reason I thought dh-make was
the deprecated one. I just made an attempt at packaging a python lib,
and I failed miserably. :-) I'll just forget about debmake's existance
from now on then.

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/