amarok package review and RFS (II)

hi all,

  I'm looking for a sponsor for my amarok package, which as you may know
  is a "new" audio player for KDE. the package is relatively simple and
  contains few if not none KDE specific issues.

  hoping that this may encourage some DD to step in, I must say that I
  won't nag you with all sort of packaging questions, as I usually do
  struggle myself enough until I get things sorted out.

                                 * * *

  I'll also appreciate any input from the members of the list wrt the
  quality of the packages. there was a thread [1] about amarok back in
  June. the maintainer then was Peter Rockai, who has handed me the
  packaging, and there have been some changes since then [2].

    [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2004/06/msg00278.html
    [2] http://www.kalyxo.org/debian/installed/amarok_1.1-cvs-0+kalyxo1_i386.changes

  apart from the packaging itself, I'll also be happy if some native
  English speaker reviews the long descriptions and corrects any flaws
  in them.

                                 * * *

  the packages (built inside pbuilder) are available from the kalyxo
  experimental repository: <http://www.kalyxo.org/debian/>. direct
  access to the sources:

    http://www.kalyxo.org/debian/pool/a/amarok/amarok_1.1-cvs.orig.tar.gz
    http://www.kalyxo.org/debian/pool/a/amarok/amarok_1.1-cvs-0+kalyxo1.dsc
    http://www.kalyxo.org/debian/pool/a/amarok/amarok_1.1-cvs-0+kalyxo1.diff.gz

  NOTE: the packages are a CVS snapshot, which I've decided to package
  mostly in order to have the debian/ subdir prepared for when 1.1 comes
  out. as such, the target release is 'experimental'.

  I'm asking for upload to Debian of a CVS snapshot to gain sometime
  before the official 1.1 release, since amarok has to go through NEW
  processing. the only required change would be:

    $ sed -i -e '1s/-0+kalyxo[0-9]*/-1/' debian/changelog

  thanks all,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

When it is not necessary to make a decision, it is necessary not to make
a decision.