Re: seek for advice of package regexx

On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 02:13:22PM +0100, Qingning Huo wrote:
> Many thanks for your advice.  I will take the optimol way to use
> libpcre3, and take compatibility into considertation.

I also think attempting to use libpcre3 would be a good idea for reasons
mentioned prevously.  What would be even better is to get the upstream
maintainer to also do it that way.

Have you asked upstream why they ship their package this way?  It may be
done of a good reason, but going on past packages I have seen this done
its at least equally likely that they do it out of ignorance.

 - Craig
--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.enc.com.au/   MIEE         Debian developer