Re: Packaging xmountains...

On ds, 2004-09-11 at 00:12, Thomas Viehmann wrote:
> MiguelGea wrote:
> > install in /usr/share/man/man* but no in usr/X11R6/man/man1
>
> Why would you (Policy 12.1)?
If I execute lintian -i xmountains it say to me this:

E: xmountains: manpage-for-x11-binary-in-wrong-directory usr/X11R6/bin/xmountains usr/share/man/man1/xmountains.1.gz
N:
N:   Manual pages for binaries which are located in /usr/X11R6/bin
should
N:   be installed below /usr/X11R6/man.
N:
N:   Note that normally only packages that are part of X itself and
those
N:   that are using some arcane Imakefiles should actually install
binaries
N:   into /usr/X11R6/bin.
N:

but in Policy 12.1 it says:

You should install manual pages in nroff source form, in appropriate places
under /usr/share/man. You should only use sections 1 to 9 (see the FHS for more details).
 You must not install a preformatted "cat page".

Is this a bug in lintian?