Re: RFS schoolbell - A calenaring server for schools

Peter Karlsson <peter@softwolves.pp.se> writes:
> Matthew Palmer:

>> I just had another thought -- make a -1 revision with an empty
>> diff. Weird, but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work...

> That usually works just fine, and it what I do when I release jwhois,
> since I have also been doing the upstream releases.

Yup, it works well for me too.

> This works fine when you can control the upstream releases. You just
> need to ensure that no upstream releases are made with incorrect or
> outdated debian subdirs, it's better to have such releases lack the
> debian subdir completely.

The way I handle things, as a release procedure, is that I'll release new
Debian-specific versions (-2, -3, etc.) when the changes are only in the
debian directory, but for anything that affects the rest of the package,
I'll release a new upstream version.  I figure that if it's important
enough to release a new Debian package, it's important enough to release a
new upstream release too, and just make it clear to people in the release
notes whether it's a bug fix they're likely to care about.