Re: RFS schoolbell - A calenaring server for schools

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 09:12:39PM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> On the whole, I think you've made a poor compromise.  I would suggest
> picking one way or the other, and going all the way with it.  As it stands,
> you're going to have trouble uploading a -2 of anything without a new
> upstream tarball anyway, so you're best off just going full-native and being
> done with it.

Ok, so then a .dx (x = version number)attached to the relevant upstream
version indicating the debian specific branch? I am worried about the
resulting confusion because I should not bump the main projects version
for debian specific changes.

Could confuse Windows users:) "Why does debian have a bigger version?"

> > I: schoolbell: arch-dep-package-has-big-usr-share 2543kB 45%
> > And will get bigger.
>
> Split it out, then.  Make a "schoolbell-common" package with all of this
> common stuff.  I thought it was a Python thing anyway -- why's it arch-dep?

It has a little C in it. But good point, i'll have a look into a
schooltool-common package.

> > W: schoolbell: description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly
> > Huh?
>
> The -i option to lintian is your friend whenever you get that Huh? feeling.

Offending full stop removed. Indeed it was not a full sentence. Next
time I will do the obvious.

> Not quite sure how that relates to your particular case, though -- the
> description in the .changes I just looked at didn't have an ending period...

Any rules/conventions on that?

--
Brian Sutherland

"There has got to be more to life than just being really,
really, really, ridiculously good-looking." -- Derek Zoolander