Re: Debian vs RedHat init script

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
> > Thanks for the url. I'm not sure how that solves my problem. As I
> > understand you, I need to convince the upstream maintainer to switch
> > to LSB style initscript. I can try doing that. The initscript has
>
> Yes, that was my idea - so everybody can use the same init script.

To use lsb init scripts in Debian, you need to have the lsb package
installed. I don't think that we want to have debian packages depending
on lsb, for one thing it pulls in lots of other stuff.

I've also discovered that supposedly lsb compliant distributions violate
its init script policy in various ways which can be quite hard to work
around in an lsb init script, but YMMV there.

--
see shy jo