Re: RFS: cc65 - Cross development suite for 65xxx processors

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 07:42:34PM -0600, Benjamin Cutler wrote:
[snip]
> I was digging around trying to find a useful emulation-related utilities
> after my failed attempt at packaging Gens due to legal issues[0], and
> somebody pointed me to this little gem. At first it appeared that it was
> non-free[1], but after some digging around I discovered it's just fine[2].
> Now, the odd part is that the tarball came with some debian stuff already
> in it, so it looks like somebody tried to package this about two years ago.
> (I saw a thread on an l.d.o list about it because of the legal issues
> mentioned in [1], but I can't remember where and I can't find it again.) I
> can't find any reference to it in the archive, unless I'm missing something
> obvious, so I don't think it ever actually made it into Debian. It was
> pretty old (Standards 3.2.1), and it split a 3 meg package into about 7 or
> 8 subpackages, which strikes me as a little silly, so I snagged the man
> pages and wrote the rest of the debian/ tree from scratch. ITP is at [3],
> and packages are available on m.d.n[4][5]. Copyright file is at [6] if you
> want to glance at what I wrote for it without downloading first. Comments
> are welcome, and thanks in advance. :)

I'll have a look at this package this weekend, and if everything is ok,
I'll sponsor you.  I've got 16 years of experience with 6510-assembly,
which should be enough...  Granted, I haven't done any
65816-programming.

Regards: David Weinehall
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /) Northern lights wander      (\
//  Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel   //  Dance across the winter sky //