One Source with Different Build Dependancies?

I am packaging source which builds two binary packages; however, each package has different build dependancies. In fact, the packages' build dependancies conflict.

I don't think the dpkg tools have the facility to build one binary but not the other. Nor do I think one can specify different build dependancies for two binaries built from the same source.

Could someone please refer me to any discussion of these issues, and any solutions?

Thanks very much!

Jack