Re: Licence for Icons

> I'd like to include an extra icon in one of my packages (revelation). I
> asked the creator if it would be ok to include the icon. I think he is
> afraid that his Icon will be GPL'ed too (his answer was not that clear).

Are you sure he understands that GPL is not "viral"? Maybe you should tell him
something like this:

"You can always include more liberally licensed works into GPL'd works without
affecting the original one. It's just that people who take the icon
_from_the_GPL'd_package_ must keep the GPL -- if they take if from the
original author's website, for example, it doesn't matter to them that it's
also used in some GPL'd package."

> I don't know what he is afraid of, but is there some official Debian
> document I could send him?

Dunno, perhaps some GPL FAQ?

- Jarno