Re: find a advocacy

Hi Stepan,

"Stepan A. Pologov" <sisoft@bk.ru> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'm find for advocacy.

You probably mean a sponsor, not an advocate. An advocate (in the Debian
context) is a Debian developer who says that somebody has the necessary
skills and "philosophical" background if that somebody applies to become
a Debian developer her/himself.

A sponsor is a Debian developer who uploads a package that somebody else
has made.

> project: qico, an FTN-compatible mailer.
> see qico.sourceforge.net for more information.
> my project already debianized, but I want include qico in official debian tree.
> mail me for more..

More information can be found in the developer's reference. You can
install it as a Debian package or read it at
http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/. The unofficial FAQ of
this mailinglist at
http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html is probably
also interesting to you.

If you have more detailed questions, feel free to ask here.

Regards, Frank

Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie