Re: why are these packages in testing?

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 12:02:01PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:

> Similar, for libapache-mod-filter, there is:
> aba@merkel:~$ madison libapache-mod-filter
> libapache-mod-filter |      1.4-5 |        stable | source, alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc
> libapache-mod-filter |      1.4-8 |       testing | source, alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc
> libapache-mod-filter |      1.4-8 |      unstable | source, alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc
> aba@merkel:~$
> but there is also a removal suggestion, and the excuses-file on
> ftp-master says according to
> http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=libapache-mod-filter
> that this package is removed today from testing. So, why is this still
> there? How many hours after the generation of the excuses list are the
> packages really updated?

Packages are not actually removed from the Packages file until dinstall,
which runs roughly 18 hours after the testing scripts finish generating
update_excuses.  I don't know what time the mirror on merkel is updated.

FWIW, I'm not sure this kind of question is appropriate for
debian-mentors; surely this would be better on debian-devel?

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer