Re: Becoming Maintainer of Cinelerra

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 05:32:09AM -0700, Loren M. Lang wrote:

[...]

> Cinelerra includes a lot of libraries in it that are available
> externally like libavc1394.  Most of the libraries are already
> available as debian packages and are the same versions provided in
> unstable, but most are at least close to the same version.
> libraw1394 version 0.9.0 is in the cinelerra and version 0.10.1 is
> in unstable.  Should I remove them from the cinelerra source code
> and use the version in debian?  Also, if I do so, then that will
> leave me with a huge diff file removing a lot of code from the
> original tarball, should I just find a way to disable them or
> slightly modify the original tarball just to remove those libraries?

I think there is no need to include those libraries in upstream tarball.
Consider that I'm not DD, but probably the best solution would be to
extract their tarball and remove those libraries, then tar-gzip it again
an start packaging. If their autotools/makefile's use those included
libraries then patching it to use Debian versions would be nice.

[...]

regards
fEnIo

--
      _      Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40 | IRC:fEnIo
    _|_|_     32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Polska