Re: About Package Creation... (sarge vs sid)

On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 07:21:10PM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 06:12:52PM -0700, Benjamin Cutler wrote:
> > Just how important is it that a package be created on a box running sid?
> > I'm currently running sarge, and would like to package a program myself
> > instead of waiting for somebody else, but I'm not sure I want to start
> > running sid just so I can do that.

> You don't have to be running sid, you just have to be fairly sure the
> package builds and runs in sid.

No, you also have to be sure that the package that is being uploaded to
the archive *was* built on sid, not just that it could have been.

For sponsored uploads, this is usually not an issue, since the sponsor
ought to be doing a rebuild from source before uploading.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer