Re: Summary: Why Katie thinks it's an NMU?

Magosányi Árpád <mag@bunuel.tii.matav.hu> writes:

> Hi!
>
> The following possible problems have been identified:
> -The uploaders field is not bit-by-bit the same as the uploader's name
> in the changes file.
> -This can come from the fact that one is UTF8 encoded, the other is not
> -The number of digits in the debian version can be of relevance.

If you folow pollicy there can be only 0 or 1 int (limited to an
int32_t?) in the debian version:

Native version: 1.2.3
Source NMU: 1.2.3-0.1
Binary NMU: 1.2.3-0.0.1
(yes, they do look ugly)

Debian version: 1.2-3
Source NMU: 1.2-3.1
Binary NMU: 1.2-3.0.1

Having 1.2-475743537465 surely doesn't make katie belive its an NMU?
That would be very wrong.

> In my case the problem was that I did not write my name correctly,
> and also possibly related to the UTF8 issue.
>
> Thank you for your feedback.

MfG
        Goswin