Re: Need help: autoreconf breaks library package?

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 21:14:39 +0200, Marc Haber
<mh+debian-mentors@zugschlus.de> wrote:
>I am currently trying to include br2684 from the upstream CVS into my
>package. To have br2684 built, I need to re-build the makefiles. So I
>install automake and autoconf, and run autoreconf.
>
>After autoreconf, the package still builds without any error message,
>but the library files are missing the .so suffix. This is b0rken.

The reason for this failure was that upstream built the package with
libtool 1.4, and unstable has libtool 1.5. Some remains of libtool 1.4
were still left in the package.

I had to autoreconf with -i -f to make the package build OK again.

Greetings
Marc