Re: randomplay: command-line shuffle music player

John Buttery <john@io.com> writes:

> * Adam Kessel <adam@bostoncoop.net> [2003-09-07 16:35:14 -0700]:
>> It's definitely a "scratch an itch" type program.
>
>   So's emacs.  For that matter, so's the kernel itself. :)
>
>> I'm wondering if something relatively simple (the script is about 340
>> lines of code) would be worth including in Debian.
>
>   Personally, my opinion on this is that anything useful enough to be
> worth writing is worth including.  As long as someone's willing to
> maintain the package, that's all that matters.  That goes for any
> distribution, or any OS for that matter.

That is certainly not all that matters.  If every script anyone tried to
write was included in Debian, Debian would collapse under its own
weight.  I find it hard to believe any 340 line script would merit its
own package.  I think it would be much more worthwhile to try to get it
added to an existing package, such as one of the command-line players.

--
I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis.