Re: Need help: difficult NM / requestor

Roland Mas (2003-07-24 18:25:55 +0200) :

[...]

>   After rehashing the arguments once or twice again, I submitted the
> following proposal: if Eray fixes the four packages he's supposed to
> be maintaining, and puts them into an honourable shape, I'll sponsor
> at least one of them (even if I don't use any of them).  Mark Brown
> said he'd do the same.  We then suggested Eray started work on his
> packages rather than what was increasingly perceived as a watse of
> everyone's time (including his) on IRC.  Repeatedly.
>
>   At some point, Robert McQueen set some channel bit I wasn't aware
> of, which seemed to result in Eray not being able to talk.
>
>   Anyway, the offer as it stands is this (fairly standard) sponsorhip
> offer: Eray makes fixed packages, makes them available on a public
> URL, posts this URL to debian-mentors (possibly Cc:ing me and/or Mark
> Brown), and we sponsor these packages if they're good.  If they're
> good, and the bugs are fixed, we'll advertise that.  If the packages
> are very good, we'll say that publically too, and maybe advocate him
> to the DAM.  If they're not good, we'll also advertise that, and Eray
> will be in an even more awkward position to bitch and demand than he
> is now.

For anyone interested: one month has passed.  I've been away for
holidays, but I found no email from Eray in my inbox when coming back.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

La tradition orale, c'est comme un vieux fromage [...] -- Le Blaire
  -- Signatures à collectionner, série n°2, partie 1/3.