Re: manpages to different packages

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 10:59:49PM -0500, David Grant wrote:
> I have just created two man pages called camserv.1 and camserv-relay.1.
> I have put the following line in my rules file:
>
> dh_installman debian/camserv.1 debian/camserv-relay.1
>
> But as of now, they are both getting installed in both packages.  How do
> I get around this?

Yeah, I had this too recently.  The way I got around it was to not use
dh_installman and just include them in the right .files files, but then
since I'm upstream, it was easy to add the man page to the actual package.
Maybe you could contribute the man pages upstream and then do likewise?

Pete (IANADD (yet))
--
Pete Ryland
http://pdr.cx/