Re: PythonCard packaging advice?

> > > This is getting a bit more complicated than I expected it to be.  I'd
> > > appreciate any advice you can give me.
> > I don't know why you split docs and samples, I'd put them in one package,
> > the samples go into /usr/share/doc/<package>/examples/. The doc package
> > depending on either of the library packages. The user can decide
> > which pythoncard version to use for the samples.
>
> I guess this is part of my problem.  I know that generally, examples go
> where you've suggested.  Most of the time, though, this seems to be for
> just a few examples that never really get run but are just used as a
> starting point.

I am incorrect on this point.  I apologize.  One good counter-example is
wxwin2.4-examples, which includes 957 example files, all installed to
/usr/share/doc/wxwin2.4-examples/.  I should place the samples in the
documentation directory instead of /usr/share.

KEN

--
Kenneth J. Pronovici <pronovic@ieee.org>
Personal Homepage: http://www.skyjammer.com/~pronovic/