Re: RFS: loop-aes (#111167)

#include <hallo.h>
* Max Vozeler [Wed, Nov 26 2003, 12:31:16AM]:

> > mv /usr/src/modules/loop-aes/debian/tmp/lib/modules/2.4.23 \
> >   /usr/src/modules/loop-aes/debian/tmp/lib/modules/2.4.23-rc3
> > mv: cannot stat `/usr/src/modules/loop-aes/debian/tmp/lib/modules/2.4.23': No such file or directory
> > make[1]: *** [binary-modules] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/loop-aes'
> >
> > make: *** [kdist_image] Error 2
>
> This was a problem in EXTRAVERSION handling that should be

A-Ha.

> fixed in loop-aes-source 1.7e-12 and loop-aes-ciphers-source
> 1.1e-10.

Hm, as said before, look at the examples I mentioned:

 - you do not provide a source tarball in /usr/src called after the
   common name conventions (pkg-name without trailing -source)

 - your packages do DEPEND on the kernel-image-foo but it is not
   guaranteed that a make-kpkg'ed kernel is used. In fact, you
   completely rely on what the macros of dh_make detect but this
   calculations are written for detecting some random kernel, they do
   NOT guarantee that a kernel-image-... package is used. In fact, there
   are insufficient to rely on anything (IMHO), that is why there is the
   module-assistant package

 - I guess you did NEVER install the created packages for the kernels
   you build them for. It tries to overwrite loop.o from the main kernel
   as well as modules.dep and a bunch of other files. WTF? Same thing
   with the -ciphers package. You maybe want to use dpkg-divert for
   loop.o and not put any of the depmod products into the package but
   run depmod -a from the package.

 - you recommend to run the binary-modules rule but this rule does NOT
   run clean before _and_ after the build process. Expect trouble when
   kernel source or compiler change inexpectedly

 - your rules files still ignore KPKG_DEST_DIR (as said,
   module-assistant's includes will handle it or rip code from
   alsa-source)

MfG,
Eduard.
--
Zu guten Beziehungen gelangt man am schnellsten, wenn man den Eindruck
erweckt, sie zu besitzen.