Re: Help with init replacement

"Marc A. Pelletier" <marc@ctrl-alt-del.ca> wrote:

> In the case of (b) and (c) above, things are complicated by the fact that I
> don't personally use debian.  (b) would be possible if someone would give me
> a tarball of the set of all possible boot time scripts from a sid install,
> although testing remains problematic--  but a prospective maintainer would
> then be able to install and find the kinks rather than have to construct a
> (potentially complicated) complete boot setup before he can even try.

I generally agree with what Joachim said. But note that for the package
to be integrated into debian, you would need to write a daemond version
of update-rc.d, which is the generic interface packages use to add
themselves to the init process. For the process of converting, you (or
the interested guy) can take a look at file-rc.

Bye, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie