Re: YMMFPQ (Yet More My First Package Questions)

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 10:51:09AM +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> It is a feature, people might have two different secret keys, one used
> only for Debian "John Doe 'Debian package key' <john@foo.example>" and
> another one for his private mail "John Doe 'private'
> <john@foo.example>".

Thats a bug in my setup :) - I have two secret keys - one especially
created for debian, but they only differ in the eMail :) Thank god there
are options ;)

> BTW I _never_ let dpkg-buildpackage do the signing of the package,
> because I usually rebuild the package many times before I think it is
> fit for release and signing these unreleased packages is a big waste of
> time (and my gpg passphrase is rather long). I use
> dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us -sd -rfakeroot
> and afterwards sign the package with
> debsign -k8B8D7663 bar_0.8-15_i386.changes

Thanks for pointing, I was about to look after that, because it really
is not fun to type in the long keyphrase twice.

     Balu