Re: RFS: sn - Small NNTP server for leaf sites

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 10:43:34AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 02:13:44PM +0530, Ganesan R wrote:
> > Or simply remove the -e option. builtin echo parses "\n" in bash as well as
> > dash.

Bash needs a shopt -s xpg_echo first, I did that in my package. I was
still afraid to change too much.

> That isn't mandated by POSIX, though, and there are shells in Debian
> that don't do that. I agree with Andreas: use printf instead.

A sponsor already uploaded the package, but a next version will use printf.
Since printf is part of coreutils, and coreutils is essential, I don't
even need an extra dependency, right?

Greetings,
    Chris Niekel

--
    I've been down so long, if I'd cheer up, I'd still be depressed.
            - Lisa Simpson, Moanin' Lisa Blues.