Re: RFS: sn - Small NNTP server for leaf sites

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 04:17:48PM +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> Nitpicking:
> * dh_undocumented should not be used any more (actually it is a
>   NOOP since debhelper 4.1.30 anyway):

Removed.

> I am rather fluent in sh, but need to look up "shopt -s xpg_echo". This
> is tooo ugly. Just use

I had to look it up as well. Thought it strange that it wasn't the
default.
> -        echo -e ",s/RUNFROM=.*/RUNFROM=$RET/\nw" \
> +        printf ",s/RUNFROM=.*/RUNFROM=$RET/\nw\n" \

Changed.

> PS: Personally I'd switch to Debhelper compatibility 4 instead of 1, too.
> This would get rid of debian/conffiles.

Still working on that. I thought it might be wise to first do little
changes, and get the bugcount down, and then do the more advanced
things.

With debhelper 4, the build is done in a different directory, but the
install target in debian/rules uses debian/tmp for some things. Is there
a dh_ program for moving stuff to /etc/news/sn?

Thanks for your tips, someone already sponsored me, so 0.3.5-2 in the
archive doesn't contain the changes, but the next version will.

Greetings,
Chris Niekel

--
    I've been down so long, if I'd cheer up, I'd still be depressed.
            - Lisa Simpson, Moanin' Lisa Blues.