Re: ports attempted despite architecture?

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 02:22:56PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 13:36, Alexandre Fayolle wrote:
> >
> > Are ports attempted on all packages, or is the Architecture field in
> > debian/control taken into account?
> >
> > The reason why I ask is that I maintain the python-psyco package, which
> > supports only i386, and the buildd logs [1] say that attempts have been
> > made to build the package on other archs.
>
> daenzer@thor|13:40:48> apt-cache showsrc psyco
>
> [...]
>
> Architecture: any

Wow. This is real strange, because this is definitely *not* what I
wrote:

alf@largo:~/cvs_checkouts/public/debian/psyco/debian$ grep Arch control
Architecture: i386
Architecture: all
Architecture: i386
Architecture: i386
Architecture: i386

(the 'all' is for the python-psyco-doc package).

Does it mean that my sponsor changed the Architecture field in
debian/control before building and uploading, or can it have been
changed during some other step?

I've double checked, and downloaded the diff.gz from [1], and the
Architecture fields in debian/control are correct, so my sponsor didn't
betray me. I'm baffled.

[1] http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/psyco/psyco_1.0-1.diff.gz

--
Alexandre Fayolle