Re: Update: Patch needs Sponsor - List of easily NMUed RC bugs

On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 05:26:32PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

[Please don't send me private copies of list mail.]

> Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:
> > On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 03:28:00PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > > I would need a parser for the claims page. Instead of writing that I
> > > installed debbugs and are looking into adding a "claimed" field and
> > > button on the BTS webpages.
> >
> > You want to use CVS, not the latest released packages. Anyway, unless
> > I'm much mistaken, this is equivalent to bug ownership, which is already
> > being looked at; also, it should be a control message like everything
> > else, not a button on the web pages.
>
> Why?

If you mean CVS, because bug metadata has been completely upended since
the last release.

> The button/link can trigger a mailto all ready to send.

If we're going to do a web interface we should do it properly, not by
the back door in dribs and drabs. For now, just use (or hack)
/usr/bin/bts.

> "bts claim #number" would be the other comfortable way to claim a bug.
> I would like to have both.

'bts owner', probably (because it'll be allowed to take an e-mail
address so that you can pass a bug on your own package off to somebody
else), but yes. It'll be documented that claiming ownership of a bug on
somebody else's package is more or less equivalent in courtesy terms to
declaring that you're going to NMU.

Cheers,