Re: packaged perl module

Le Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 10:47:48AM -0700, Josh Lauricha écrivait:
> I'm renaming the libtext-csv-perl module to libtext-csv-xs-perl (it
> provides Text::CSV_XS not Text::CSV).
>
> It is lintian clean, however linda complains that an arch specific file
> end up in /usr/share/perl5
>
> If I have it in /usr/lib/perl5 lintian complains...
>
> What's the correct thing to do here? the perl policy is very vague.

The correct thing to do is to let perl decide where to put it ...
lintian's warning is wrong and you should ignore it. Alternatively you
could try to convince Josip Rodin to remove that warning since it
confuses so many people, but I already tried and failed.

> Since it conflicts with libtext-csv-perl should I Provide & Conflict it?

Sure and replaces also (just to avoid troubles).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com
Earn money with free software: http://www.geniustrader.org