Re: can't install from a local repository

On 08/22/03 17:00, Eric Winger wrote:

> I think part of the problem, is that the original problem got lost. I'll
> snip your comments, because I believe I understand and correctly have

Ok - firstly I want to clarify my previous post, regarding
documentation, which could be easily misconstrued.

What I was implying was that it should be easy for people - any person -
to create a repository.  You're obviously having some difficulty that
should be clarified because others may have the same problem.

That's all.

Now, for this:

> implemented what you talked about. The problem is that for some reason,
> I can't install the package in my repository and I get this message:

The information you've provided really isn't that helpful...

> sources.list looks like:
> deb file:///home/ewinger archive/
> deb-src file:///home/ewinger archive/

This is useful.  What is also needed is:

ls -lR /home/ewinger/dists/archive

Actually, I don't understand your sources.list ... you don't specify any
sections, so are you even loading a Packages file?  You can remove the
deb-src entry - it's exterranous info.  But since I don't understand,
let's pretend there's a "main" after "archive/".  If so:

cat /home/ewinger/dists/archive/binary-<arch>/main/Packages

<arch> is probably either "i386" or "all" depending on your package.

That would be most helpful.

Chris

--
He who despairs over an event is a coward,
but he who holds hopes for the human condition is a fool.