Re: creating your own debian package repository

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 02:40:27PM +0200, Roland Mas wrote:
> Eric Winger (2003-08-20 16:05:33 -0700) :
>
> > So, two questions:
> >
> > * Is this a reasonable way to maintain our internal packages - ie a
> > seperate archive? Or is there a better way.
>
> It's the best way I've found.
>
> > * If this is the most reasonable way, where is the information on
> > building/maintaining your own archive.
>
>   I'll suggest you install the mini-dinstall package, and read its
> documentation.  It works wonderfully for me, and it's more powerful
> than the dpkg-scanpackages stuff I've seen mentioned in your other
> answers.  I use it in combination with dput (with an appropriate
> upload method), and it works like a charm.

The primary archive management tools right now are mini-dinstall and
debarchiver. Two more are currently ITP'ed, both of which handle things in
a pool layout (rather than directory layout), and which may end up merged
into one.

(Disclaimer: I'm the author of one of the ITP'ed tools).

However, I do strongly recommend using one of the management scripts.
--
Joel Baker <fenton@debian.org>                                        ,''`.
Debian GNU NetBSD/i386 porter                                        : :' :