Re: creating your own debian package repository

Eric Winger (2003-08-20 16:05:33 -0700) :

> So, two questions:
>
> * Is this a reasonable way to maintain our internal packages - ie a
> seperate archive? Or is there a better way.

It's the best way I've found.

> * If this is the most reasonable way, where is the information on
> building/maintaining your own archive.

  I'll suggest you install the mini-dinstall package, and read its
documentation.  It works wonderfully for me, and it's more powerful
than the dpkg-scanpackages stuff I've seen mentioned in your other
answers.  I use it in combination with dput (with an appropriate
upload method), and it works like a charm.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

[...] ou une dent pourrie [...] -- in Variations sur un thème imposé
  -- Signatures à collectionner, série n°2, partie 2/3.