Re: wmDrawer package needs a sponsor

you missing dev packages from the Build-Depends it needs to be as below:

Build-Depends: debhelper (>> 3.0.0), libgdk-pixbuf-dev, docbook-to-man

libgdk-libgdk-dev depends on the other things you need.

you probably also want to update your Standards-Version see
/usr/share/doc/debian-policy/upgrading-checklist.txt.gz

Also I don't use WindowMaker any more, but this does sound like a cool
app.