Re: Recompiling a package

Arnaud Vandyck dijo [Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 10:57:31PM +0200]:
> > >  Unzip the  'program.diff.gz' file, and  apply it with  patch.  This
> > > will create the debian/ directory.
> > >
> > >  If you've got  this from a stable archive I'm  suprised it's not in
> > > the unstable one - unless it was removed.
> > >
> > >  (Perhaps  if you  got  it  from stable  you  could 'apt-get  source
> > > program'  which  would  download   and  unpack  everything  for  you
> > > instead?)
> > >
> > OK. It worked! Thank you!
> >
> > And I did not download the  program from the stable version of Debian.
> > The program isn´t on the official release of Debian. A guy created the
> > program, but he created using stable version.
>
> you can also try:
> $ dpkg-source -x program.dsc

This is, in fact, a better way to do it - Sometimes the orig.tar.gz has
a directory name different from what Debian dictates (and the package
builder accepts) - dpkg-source moves it to the right directory name
before applying the patch.

Greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.cx - (+52-55)5630-9700 ext. 1366