Question about binary placement

Hello all,

I'm maintaining a rather small program, root-tail, which puts it's
binary in /usr/X11R6/bin/, for (AFAICT) no particularly good reason.
There is an Imakefile that is part of the original distribution, but
somewhere along the line, someone wrote a standard Makefile for it (this
program has forked so many times and gone through so many hands it's
unclear who did what or when).  Now that the program no longer needs to
use xmkmf, I'd like to move the binary to /usr/bin, where it seems to me
it really belongs - it's not part of the X distribution, and it's not so
complicated that it really needs to use the Imakefile for anything.

Any comments on this?  Am I making wrong assumptions here?  My
understanding is that one should avoid /usr/X11R6/bin when possible, and
that's what I'm trying to accomplish.

TIA,
|   ,''`.					     Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :					 sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'			Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-					    http://www.debian.org |