Re: debix-imager searches sponsor

Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> Hi, I'm still looking for a sponsor for debix-imager.
>
> Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:
> > Debix-imager
> > ============
> >
> > Debix-imager is a setuid binary that allows a user to create a
> > loopback file, format it with the filesystem of his choice and install
> > the contents of a tar file or a debian system via debootstrap on it.
> >
> > The intention is to make it flexible enough for boot-floppies,
> > debian-installer and debix to create their bootfloppies, ramdisks and
> > live filesystems without needing root themself.
> >
> > I'm looking for a sponsor that knows a bit about security.
> > boot-floppies and/or debian-installer experiences would be good too.
> > At the moment I'm use ocaml but a rewrite in C/C++ would be easy and
> > maybe cleaner. (Codesize 195 lines atm).
> >
> > ftp://mrvn.homeip.net/debix-imager/
>
> Anyone looked at it?

debix-imager has now V0.4 and a new interface. Pretty much a complete
rewrite of the first try. Should be much more flexible now.

Also I nearly finished porting debix over to debix-imager. Only two
"sudo mknod" calls left (that could be done via fakeroot), rest runs
as user.

Debs and source for V0.1 at

ftp://mrvn.homeip.net/debix/

Its using a pregenerated woody.tar.bz2 for now so its i386 only (again
just for now). Whats there is basically enough to make any linux into
a live filesystem.

MfG
        Goswin