Re: newbie packaging question

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 11:24:13AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 07:38:11PM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> > The things which absolutely have to be in a package in order to be
> > built are debian/rules and debian/control.  debian/rules gives the
> > commands required to make the package, and debian/control has the
> > information necessary to name the binary packages, dependencies, and
> > the rest.
>
> debian/changelog must also be present.

D'oh.  Knew I forgot something.

Will the packaging tools complain if you have no copyright file, too?  I
know it's necessary for uploading, of course, and I'm sure lintian would
have a right whinge, but will (eg) debhelper scripts have a complain, to
your knowledge?

(I should just rename a copyright file and try it out, but I like mailing
list discussions... <grin>)

- Matt