RFS: par2

 This utility applies the data-recover capability concepts of RAID-like
 systems to individual and multiple files.  It is most commonly used in
 the posting and recovery of multipart archives on Usenet.
 .
 It supports the 'Reed-Soloman Code' implementation that allows for recovery
 of any X blocks for X parity blocks present.  It is popularly used on USENET
 postings but is not limited to this use.
 .
 par2 is the direct successor of the package parchive.
 .
 Upstream source: http://parchive.sourceforge.net/